[3830] NAQP CW WA3AER Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 11:36:12 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  100    33  Total Score = 3,300

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Northwest 2

Comments:

Part time, single-band S&P due to birthday commitments. The plan was 10 Qs.
And it kept moving upward until I ran out of time.
If not for the K3/P3 combo I would have given up much earlier. Those of you who
know me know I am not a CW op. But the K3/P3 enabled me to find station w/o
using the spotting network AND copy exchanges beyond my normal ability. Yes,
the K3 CW decoder works well on strong'ish signals and helps confirm otherwise
difficult-for-me-to-copy contacts. Mostly used N1MM= macro keying, but the
paddle came in handy for a couple of responses.
It was fun copying all the RICH stations commemorating our SK friend KL7RA; we
surely miss you on the bands. I was tempted, but decided to save that for SSB
and maybe RTTY.
TU for the Qs, especially to those who QRS'd a bit making my copy that much
easier. 73.

Equipment:
K3/P3
Hex Beam