[3830] NAQP CW K0DQ(@K8PO) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 11 11:01:23 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K0DQ
Operator(s): K0DQ
Station: K8PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Remote Operation

   10:   25     9
-------------------
Total:  603   172  Total Score = 103,716

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Expats

Comments:

Special thanks to Paul, K8PO, allowing me to use his station remotely
from Northern Virginia.

Had evening event, so only 6 hours total.

My first NAQP (IIRC) and first non-SO2R op
in memory. More fun than I expected, although operating time limited.
Remote operation surprisingly smooth.  Other than only one radio,
only challenge was latency which particularly affected the first
letter of the caller while running. Often a single dash was all that I
heard, requiring more than a few repetitions and some QLF.  Definitely
a different strategy than DX Contests!

Missed Maine!