[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 14 23:48:15 EST 2016

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 15

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   80:  17     14
   40:  19     14
   20:   3      2
Total:  39     30  Total Score = 1,170

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Very strange and difficult night. K7SS was S9+ right up to the opening bell on
20. He was calling CQ with no answers. His signal began to fade as the time of
02:30Z approached. And then it was like a veil came down on 20 meters. And
THEN, my 20 meter SWR sent to infinity. Don't know what opened up. Another
problem to deal with. I seem to have lots of them.

Forty meters was L-O-N-G, and 80 was noisy as heck. All in all, a difficult
night for me. Glad when the 30 minutes was over!

No three banders. Lousy five minute segments: 9, 5, 8, 4,  8, and 6.

I've got a LOT of work to have a working station for the upcoming Sprint. Not
sure if it's gonna happen.

Thanks for the Qs. 73, Jim