[3830] NAQP SSB N1EN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 00:39:15 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   14     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  260    92  Total Score = 23,920

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: Murphys Maurauders

Comments:

You know, I declined to be signed up for the team until after Southwest Airlines
had delivered me home due to a perfectly reasonable fear of having my travel
jinxed.

I should have realize that between that avoidance and the team name that I'd be
doomed.  :)

Let's see, among today's troubles:

* Work, travel, and other stuff meant my preparation involved setting up a log
in N1MM about 30 seconds before the start of the test...which in turn meant I
didn't have either audio files or hardware DVK ready to go.

* For reasons unknown, I lost several minutes when either the SO2R box or the
computer decided to stick with the primary radio keyed.

* Part of the troubleshooting/workaround involved rebooting the computer.  Of
course Windows updates were pending....so I lost even more time.

* I discovered that the SO2R box didn't want to send audio from the headset to
the second radio (eventually diagnosed as having plugged a connector into the
wrong port; shows you how successfully I've avoided phone).

* Minor family drama/crisis du jour required mediation mid-test.

Ah well.  I had fun anyway; I just feel bad for not putting a few more points
down for the team.

The bands weren't wonderful, and apparently the aforementioned party caused me
to miss the party on 40.  But 80 was decent, and I was somewhat surprised at
the level of activity on 160.  Even encountered someone who needed CT on
topband, so I'm glad to help him out.