[3830] NAQP SSB K8TE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 00:59:36 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Rio Rancho NM

   80:   11     7
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  676   127  Total Score = 85,852

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Team: ADXA-1

Comments:

More fun than you can shake a...!  This time I paid attention to the clock and
stopped on time.  I check 75m a couple of times but didn't find it worth the
effort to obtain multipliers until the end.  Next time, I'll save some more
time as it's even busier there now.

Luckily, I found four locals on 10m or those would have been 10 wasted minutes!
 40 was the best band for multipliers in spite of my mediocre antennas.  The
propagation there was very strange with distortion and even occasional echos!

My last 30 minutes on 40 were "enhanced" with DQRM from some
frustrated op who couldn't be heard well enough to stop progress.  Our team
kind of fell apart as home duties intruded on the contest.  The two of us who
put in the 10 hours had our wives out-of-town.  Seems like a plan for future
contests.

--
73, Bill, K8TE