[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 01:19:30 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    4     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  290   104  Total Score = 30,160

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA Blizzard

Comments:

I really enjoy the NAQP, but to do well, you really need good low band antennas.
 I don't have good low band antennas.  So I take a beating when 20 finally gives
out and I have to move back and forth from 40 and 80.

40 and 80 really seemed noisy here and it seemed like there weren't very many
consistently loud stations.  QSB was nasty.  I had several loud stations CQ in
my face, but then weak stations can right back to me.  Weird.

It was nice that 15 had a decent opening but it behaved a lot like 10 meters.
The only thing I heard on 10 was a ZL.

Thanks to everybody for the good ears on 40, 80 and especially 160!

The ND0C Super-Station:
   Rig: Yaesu FTDX3000 running 5 watts out - Heil mic, N3FJP logging software
   Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi (2 elements on 20 and 15) at 40 feet;
   Inverted vee with apex at 39 feet; 40M rotatable dipole at 45 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to operate in a SSB contest with QRP ... but
it helps."