[3830] NAQP SSB K7JR(@NK7U) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 11:47:12 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7JR
Operator(s): NK7U K7MK K7ZO
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:    9     5
Total:  772   172  Total Score = 132,784

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Another operation by the Snake River Remote Contesters Club is in the books.
NAQP SSB has always been one of our favorites and NK7U, K7MK, and K7ZO
activated the K7JR system. This was definitely a Leisure Class M/2 as we were
probably on the air for about 10 of the 24 total "seat hours" in the
event.

10 and 15 were in pretty good shape at the beginning of the contest with good
rates. 10 was exhibiting the same behavior we have noted all contest season
with it being very long for us. Meaning we could work up and down the east
coast but had a hard time working IN, WI, and IL. 10 started slowing down about
1930 UTC but was still open nicely for us. It just seemed like it was abandoned.
Ditto with 15 around 2230 when we checked it. The few stations we worked were
quite loud and they said we were loud it is just that everyone had left for 20
and below. This meant for us we had a long period of essentially a single band
contest on 20M. It was way too early for 40 to generate any QSOs. This is the
classic low sunspot year NAQP model for a west coast station. At its worst 10
and 15 close down by 1900 and we have 5 hours before sunset of trying to eke
out 10-15 QSOs an hour on 40. [Pretty much the same story for us as the NX6T
team wrote.]

The last few hours 40 and 80 seemed to be in pretty good shape though we didn't
put in many hours then.

It was fun chatting with everyone and thanks for the QSOs.

Scott/K7ZO