[3830] NAQP SSB W1DYJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 19:38:11 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    0     0
   80:   29     9
   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  129    64  Total Score = 8,256

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Time in chair: 5 hours
100% S&P -- as someone else said, Search and Plod
Log: NAQP Contest Log Ver 3.9
Rig: TS-2000
Antennas:
  160  shortened 80M dipole @ 7m (it doesn't really load)
   80  shortened 80M dipole @ 7m (sort of works)
   40  40M dipole @ 7m (too low)
	[the above three are a modified Alpha Delta DX-CC]
   20  HB Moxon @ 12m (Fine)
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 11m (just OK)
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 10m (only really competitive antenna)

All bands seemed to be noisy. 10M fell apart earlier that expected.  15M and
20M were OK during the day but were very quiet later.  (I did about the same
on 15 as last year, but half the Qs on 20.) 40M was OK but noisy, although
I did better by a bit than last year.  80 was about the same as last year.
I heard no one on 160 and missed my "usual" 2Qs and 2 Mults.

Starting an hour late, taking time off for the Patriots and dinner, and
giving up early at 10:30 -- I spent only half the time alloted to SO's.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ