[3830] NAQP SSB AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 20:02:29 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

   15:   12     4
   10:    9     2
-------------------
Total:  175    75  Total Score = 13,125

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA Arctic Chill

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 20-30', no digital voice keying.

Name was Dick, in honor of N0IM (SK).

I was a bit late to the contest, but had a nice little run of CA/NV stations on
10 meters when I got on.  15 m was pretty long, as was 20, keeping the mults
down from what I expected.  DX seemed way down, with only ZF2DX, WL7F, and a
few PR and VI stations heard.  40 m did fairly well, but the AM broadcast
stations make things difficult.  Down on 80 m things were packed.
Unfortunately, the tuned bandwidth of my 80 m antenna is quite small (+/-25
kHz) and I was unable to find a run frequency, so I moved to 160 m pretty
early.  Although I could probably have improved my score by moving back up to
80 or 40 to catch a few more mults, I decided to stay running on 160 m to get
practice running and work on my 160 m SSB WAS.

At dinner (7 hours in), I was sitting at 75 QSOs and 33 mults, and figured a
goal of 150 Qs, 67 mults, and a score of 10K was about right.  With the success
on 80/160 m, those goals were met.