[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 21 22:32:59 EST 2016

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 22

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   3      3
   80:  12     12
   40:  21     15
   20:   9      9
Total:  45     33  Total Score = 1,485

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, zepp, tee vertical.  20M seemed dead at the start,
except for WD0R (loud) and K7SS (weak).  K5P on Palmyra had been spotted on
14040 for hours, but I couldn't hear him here at 0220Z.  At 0230Z, the band
came alive with signals from MN, SD, CA, WA, OR, and K2YGM/4 from FL (very loud
and Bob is usually QRP).  Afraid we caused some QRM to K5P callers as I heard
someone asking someone else to move.  I tried to stay off 14040, but may have
called someone close to that frequency.  40M was pretty good to most of the
country outside the fourth call area and I got W4OC and KU8E too.  N0AC sounded
like he was doing some more mentoring and I wondered if that was
"Walt" on the key.  80M was better than I had expected as the QRN was
terrible here again tonight.  A front with electrical storms is moving through
our area.  160M was much quieter than 80.  Couldn't copy any west coast
stations on 80 and the midwesterners were mostly under the QRN too.  Couldn't
get in sync for a QSO with W1UJ.  Welcome back to N6TV, Bob!  73, John, K4BAI.