[3830] BARTG Sprint N1IXF Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 24 12:45:53 EST 2016

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT

Total:  726  Mults = 53  Continents = 16  Total Score = 250,470

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Really enjoyed this contest.  Thanks for all the Q's and corrections on busted
calls.  Had two great runs - one each on 15 and 20.  At one point, after
calling QRZ, all I could hear was a wall of tone so I turned down the RF gain
to peel them off by layer.  Apologies to those who I couldn't hear and I really
should have shortened my messages on the fly to deal with a pileup like that...
I'm still learning more about this game.  Highlight was a contact with ZF1DM -
Danny after another really great operator explained the contest exchange to him
and worked him for 001... I was his 002.

Station played great and the antennas worked as well as a tribander and
inverted vees can - I was pleased that my work appears to have made a
difference BUT I still need to improve low band antennas to play with the big
boys and girls.