[3830] CQ160 CW K5WA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 12:20:54 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: South Texas

Total:  QSOs = 1052  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 51  Total Score = 374,990

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Friday was great but Saturday was very disappointing.  On Friday I think this
was the first time I ever experienced the feeling that I was getting to the
"second layer" of Europeans.  It was very nice to hear that from
south Texas.  About halfway through the EU opening though, a cow managed to
knock down one of my elevated vertical supports and I wasn't able to fix it
until Saturday.  Conditions were so good that I really didn't seem to be
bothered too much by missing a vertical in my 4SQR.  Saturday, when everything
was repaired and perfect, nothing would get me to EU.  I'm so glad for a few DL
and S5 guys who gave me a call on Saturday.

WY was my last state and I missed the usual suspects from Canada.

Lots of fun and no WRTC pressure.  ;-)

73,
Bob K5WA