[3830] CQ160 CW VE4EA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 14:01:36 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Winnipeg

Total:  QSOs = 470  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 10  Total Score = 149,424

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

This is my first time operating/contesting on 160m, thanks to a C type antenna
that loops around my small city lot.  (Thank you to W1VE for helping to design
the antenna and to VE4XT for helping me put it up.)

The first day was very exciting when I discovered I could actually run on 160m.

The antenna works!

I know there were stations calling that I couldn't pull out of my S9 noise.
Next comes a receiving antenna.

Murphy struck at 1230z (6:30am local) in the form of a district-wide power
failure.

Thank you to all for the QSOs and for helping me Work All States on Top Band.

I'll be back
73, VE4EA

K3, KPA500
N1MM+