[3830] CQ160 CW W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 17:06:38 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1135  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 56  Total Score = 575,646

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Condx first 24 were very difficult- went from 0530 to 0725Z without hearing or
working a European.  Finished the first 24 with 95 10-pt Qs, about 80 with
Europe.

2nd Night a total reversal- 241 European Qs.  They just coming and coming,
about 40 an hour from 00 to 06Z.  Fast QSB- often, if I didn't get the full
call when they first called, I couldn't hear the 2nd call and we'd have to wait
a few minutes for conditions to peak to their QTH.  Score was hurt by missing
VE5, VE7, Wy, and Mt- at least for VE5 and VE7 there were several on and we
just didn't connect.  Never did hear Wy or Mt.  Only country heard but not
worked was YV.  It also didn't help that I had to sleep both nights from
0800-1000Z- my body just wouldn't allow my brain to function after 3AM local!

Thanks to everyone for the Qs and patience.  A special thanks to Greg W1KM for
the use of his great station.

K3 SO2V mode, Acom 2000A, full size 4-square in a salt water marsh.  No
listening antennas, but my hand hurts from turning the antenna directional
knob!

Dennis W1UE