[3830] CQ160 CW W5MX Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 18:52:27 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX K4FT
Station: W5MX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KY

Total:  QSOs = 1199  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 48  Total Score = 373,430

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Did a lot of work on beverages over the weeks before the contest as time allowed
between work and obligations at home. Now have 5 total and they all seem to be
hearing well in their intended directions. Also added more radials to the L tx
antenna.
John K4FT came over and we ran multi single.
Conditions seemed pretty good from here. Was hearing Europe early both nights
quite well, but the final result did not show a very big number worked. Looking
at reverse beacon data we had a good signal in EU but not so many callers.
Participation may have been low? Not sure what others experienced. Had a very
short but "intense" grayine opening to JA Saturday morning. Finally
found a clear spot to cq and worked several with a nice pileup going but it
only peaked for around 7-10 minutes. No VK/ZL here at all.
Was good to work all the familiar calls in the contest as usual.
Best 73's all and see you guys in ARRL DX CW soon!
Bryan, W5MX