[3830] CQ160 CW W3TS Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 20:23:40 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: PA  FN10ml

Total:  QSOs = 284  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 3  Total Score = 28,122

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

High local power line noise (from an LED grow light power supply?)that I have
not found yet plus a very bad cold with my ears very blocked made for poor CW
receiving skills so I ran QRP as I did not want to be an alligator (all mouth /
no ears).

Poorly designed switching power supplies are going to kill our great hobby and
LF, MF anf HF listening. It is not fun to have to constantly go looking for new
cheap junk that causes large amounts of radio noise and try to work with the
owners of this junk to have them understand that they need to shut it down or
get it fixed.

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion at 5 watts. TX Ant: 60 foot high 80M/40M fan dipole used as
an 1/8 wave Tee over 70 x 70 foot long radials. RX Ants: 300 foot NE/SW short
beverage and 300 foot SE/NW beverage and a NE and NW Flag. Plus 2 homebrew
noise nullers. The best I can do on a 150 x 200 foot town lot with the help of
understanding neighbors. Logger: N1MM