[3830] IARU W4AAW M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 07:33:47 EDT 2016

IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): W7RIV KU1CW KJ0D W4AAW
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   52            10      11
   40:  315            21      26
   20:   90    290     17      23
   15:          12              2
   10:           1              1
-------------------------------------
Total:  457    303     48      63  Total Score = 288,796

THIS SHOULD BE CATEGORIZED AS A CHECK LOG.

This was a shakedown cruise preparatory to the coming contest season.  It's a
good thing we went through this full setup exercise.  A MAJOR networking
problem was discovered which was crippling.  We are working to correct it.

Thanks to all who persevered under very spotty conditions.

Remote Operators were located as follows:
W7RIV  Utah    (Welcome Bryon!  First time with TeamW4AAW)
KU1CW  Oregon    (Mr. Amazing)
KJ0D   Missouri  (Speed Demon Eric)

W4AAW was in the shack.  A number of remote ops who use the position with
K3/RemoteRig were unable to get N1MM to sync between their remote computer and
that position's computer in the W4AAW shack.  Hours were spent trying to chase
this down.  It's a new problem, never seen before.  Certainly our computer guys
and the good guys at N1MM+ will track this down and correct it.

Good luck to all and our team is looking forward to an exciting and challenging
contest season.