[3830] IARU KE3X(@N3HBX) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 10:45:26 EDT 2016

IARU HF World Championship

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KD4D N3QE N3HBX KE3X
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Poolesville MD

  160:    24     0      4        9
   80:   176     0     16       27
   40:   616   181     29       42
   20:   731   344     38       51
   15:   207    50     21       35
   10:    29    10      8        9
-------------------------------------
Total:  1783   585    116      173  Total Score = 2,164,032

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to John Evans N3HBX for allowing us to invade The Farm again!

All the equipment worked fine except for one computer which began sending
gibberish from the F2 key only.   Maybe the F2 key was tired?   We assembled
the same team as last year, plus John himself who stopped in to help on
Saturday afternoon.

We had 30 fewer Q's than last year, and our Mults are down more - most of it
due to 15-meters, but there was good activity right up until the end.
Unfortunately 20-meters never really opened for us on Sunday morning - we
mostly listened to the Europeans working each other while begging and pleading
for the occasional QSO.

High points included a 200 clock hour on 40 at 0000 (KD4D Running and KE3X on
S&P), and watching N3QE get the 10-QSO rate meter over 300 on 20 Phone - Go
Tim!

73,

Ken KE3X