[3830] IARU W1GD SOAB(A)Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 15:23:12 EDT 2016

IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1GD
Operator(s): W1GD
Station: W1GD

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: Jefferson, MA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0        0
   80:   37      0      7       21
   40:  234     31     18       31
   20:  369     83     22       39
   15:  119     51     16       26
   10:   23      7      7        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  782    172     70      125  Total Score = 594,750

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Cool, rainy weather meant that I got to spend more time operating instead of
doing yard work.  So, despite the poor conditions Saturday, my score is a bit
better than last year. The 160M antenna came down in high winds earlier, but I
figured I wouldn't miss much there.  I did find out the 80M antenna  SWR goes
to 3:1 in rain!  (It was normal Friday when I checked and it was back to normal
Sunday morning.) T-storms forced a couple hours off Saturday evening, but it was
a nice surprise to find European HQ station on 10M around 2000-2100Z! Some of
those night-time ops seemed really surprised to hear a US station and I bet I
woke up at least one op on SSB!