[3830] IARU N1UR SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 16:37:44 EDT 2016

IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: VT

  160:    18    0       6        7
   80:   187    0      12       29
   40:   482    0      24       32
   20:   852    0      33       40
   15:   208    0      20       29
   10:    15    0       4        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1763    0      99      132  Total Score = 1,415,106

Fun contest as usual.  Dodged thunderstorms literally the entire contest.  One
finally came directly over requiring a shut down.  I actually thought it was
going to be worse looking at the radar all day and evening.  Lots of static
crashes of course.

Lost my EU 20M antenna at 15Z.  Not sure what the issue was.  The top antenna
to EU is fine but flexibility is seriously hampered since 15 and 20 are on the
same mast.  You don't realize how good the multi monoband yagi flexibility is
until you lose one for a contest.

I thought 160 - 40 was decent for summer conditions.  Activity is always low on
160 and 80 which is a shame because its more open than activity would suggest.

10 was a bust although EF4HQ was cranking in for couple of hours.  My CQing
produced nothing.  Classic E-Skip.

75 of my 15M Qs were in the last hour.  The usual 20M JA/Asia run in the last
hour was a bust so decided to try 15M and ended the last half hour for the
contest with a 150 rate.

Nice calls by 5H3EE, RI1FJ, A31MM while CQing.

Great scores and competition.  Thanks to all.

73

Ed  N1UR