[3830] IARU P40XA(WT2P) SOAB(A)Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 12 14:26:07 EDT 2016

IARU HF World Championship

Call: P40XA
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: P49V

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: Aruba

  160:    2             1
   80:   17             5        6
   40:  379    195     20       36
   20:  184     44     17       29
   15:  369     67     20       32
   10:   19     12      6       13
-------------------------------------
Total:  970    318     69      116  Total Score = 1,033,040

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First contest for me outside of the US. Like many, conditions at the start were
poor however as the day progressed activity seemed to pick up, especially on
15. I was able to get some decent runs on 15 and then again around sunset on
40. It was a big difference from operating in W9 considering I heard EU almost
around the clock and was able to work a lot of Asia with relative ease. Heard a
few US stations on 160 and tried calling to no avail. In hindsight, I spent way
too much time on 40 right at sunset when I should've concentrated on 80/160 - a
missed opportunity there.

Big thanks to Ben, DL6RAI for the use of the P49V station for the week, I had
an absolute blast and everything worked perfectly.