[3830] NAQP RTTY W4VIC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 17 09:36:29 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

   10:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  307   104  Total Score = 31,928

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC also-rans

Comments:

High bands were not a real factor in this event.  Probably a lot more of this
ahead in the next few years.  20M was wall-to-wall signals -- difficult to pick
calls out of the melee with the higher atmospheric noise.  40M was about the
same but seemed to quiet down in the later hours of the contest.  80M was a
total disappointment -- I had hopes of working a lot of the closer in stations
on 80M but the noise was averaging 5 - 10 db over S9 earlier in the evening.
The last half hour or so of my 10 hours things seemed to have quieted down a
bit and I made most of my small total in that time.  All in all, a decent
contest for a good effort on my part.  Thanks for all the Qs.  73,  Vic, W4VIC