[3830] NAQP RTTY AI1W Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 17 12:20:16 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AI1W
Operator(s): AI1W
Station: AI1W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

   80:   8      6
   40:   0      0
   20:  12     11
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  20     17  Total Score = 340

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This is my first real experience with RTTY. I spent most of the afternoon trying
to make RTTY work, then the thunderstorm. Finally, HRD+FT-857D was the setup
that got me on the air. I would like to thank all stations for their patience
as my exchanges were clearly very verbose (I refined this as I progressed). My
goal was to make the proverbial 20 Qs, but although I made 21, I ended with 20
scored Qs and 17 mults (and 1 dupe). It was refreshing to find Tim N3QE on 80m
and see how this is really done.

Overall, it was a great experience. I had a lot of fun figuring out the setup,
making some QSOs and being able to be a mult for the club.