[3830] CQWW VHF K1TO SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 17 19:31:36 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EL87

    6:  544   157
Total:  544   157  Total Score = 85,408

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Huge thanks to George, K5KG for lending me a K3 for the weekend.  100W - M2
6M7JHV at 55'

After a tedious first day with only two QSOs north of FL, Sunday provided
plenty of one-hop Es to make up for it.  Never worked or even heard anyone west
of Texas.  Missed three normally easy grids in FL.

Tnx to YN2N and V31SA for new DXCC countries/grids and XE2JS for the new grid.
Didn't work even a single new grid in the US.  Heard K1IIG in FN51 on CW, but
couldn't complete the QSO.  EL79 was on but too close to hear.

Nice to see all the rover activity this weekend.  Sure wish the band would open
to rarer areas so that any rovers there could be rewarded for their efforts.

Have an S8 noise issue to the northeast towards EU that arose following a heavy
thunderstorm a week ago.  I'm now sure that the source is off my property.
Condx this weekend did not favor EU, so this wasn't the showstopper that it
could have been.

Only my second CQ VHF event since I started on 6M in June 2013.  Wish the
schedule had it closer to the Es peak (maybe swap with the SMIRK event which
has the theoretical best weekend of the season right now?  ;<) )

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to get on.

73, Dan