[3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 18 15:06:17 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE3SMA
Operator(s): VA3ELE VE3WJ VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  112    66  Total Score = 9,966

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Small improvements in the station helped us to a better score than we've had the
last couple of years, despite not a lot in the way of propagation and no VE3
rover activity that we heard. Sporadic E was there on and off (on 6m) to
various parts of the southern US but we almost always seemed to be on the edge
of the rather brief openings with only very limited areas heard at one time.
We made more successful use of digital modes this year on both bands, mostly
for meteor scatter contacts, but EME signals were non-existent this time
around.

Food and company were good and most of the mosquitos stayed away.  We figured
this was because they knew it was pointless to stick around when they found out
we had finally acquired a rotor for 6m so we didn't have to run outside at night
to turn the beam!

73,
Steve VE3SMA