[3830] CQWW VHF W3SO Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 18 15:35:25 EDT 2016

CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): W3BC W3BTX WA3TTS W3YOZ W3IDT
Station: W3SO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: PA

    6:  269   103
Total:  391   151  Total Score = 77,463

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

1. Things looked bleak on Saturday when 6 started to fade out just a couple of
hours into the contest. Fortunately, it did come alive again (for us in WPA /
FN00 to the west, mostly 0-land), and opened nicely to FL, TX, and the gulf
coast in between on Sunday. On Saturday, some of the 0s were running the east
coast as if it was an SS contest!

2. In addition to the usual contacts in FN and FM to our east and south, we had
only four contacts beyond the great middle of the country represented by EN, EM,
and EL along the coast: One each in EO (a VE4) and in DN (a 0) and two in EK (a
YN and a YS).

3. Still plagued with noise, though two sources were identified on Sunday and
will be ameliorated by September. The two XEs we could hear on 6, couldn't hear
us. The other XEs we couldn't hear; ditto the COs and the ZF.

4. 2m of course suffers participation when 6 is pretty open. Yet, those ops
made a good showing.

5. Our usual good results on 222/432 were not a factor :-)

Bob, w3idt
For the Wopsononock Mountaintop Operators, W3SO

w3idt at arrl.net
w3idt at comcast.net