[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 27 10:12:29 EDT 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 27

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :55

   40:  55     55
   20:  19     14
Total:  74     69  Total Score = 5,106

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Thanks for the fun QSOs this morning.

But, doggone it (AKA Dadgummit), my cross-town super-rival, Joe AB5OR, beat the
socks off of me this morning.  And, no matter how hard I pedaled my treadmill
power plant, I couldn't muster enough Qs to keep up with him.  Oh, I think I
know what did it.  He had his dad to call me on the phone only FOUR MINUTES
before CWT, knowing that Joe and I were gonna go head to head on CWT this
morning.  He even acknowledged that it was time for CWT, yet he kept on telling
me stories.  Yeah, they were intriguing, but I was watching the clock...and
then, I saw something horrible!  SOMEBODY HAD SPOTTED AB5OR ON 40 METERS!  Dad
blast it!
So, I got a new set of rubber bands out of my supply box and put them on my
human-powered power source and cranked every watt out of my radio possible.  I
made a few search and pounce contacts, then when I tried calling CQ, I heard
people responding with 'Ha" and 'You're kidding, right?' or some
variation, thereof.  When I would get their call sign and answer them, they
would simply say, 'Sorry, I've worked AB5OR already for Mississippi, so I don't
need your mult.'  Oh, poor me.

Bottom line:  Isn't this CWT stuff so much fun?  Thanks to all of you for
making our community such a learning space.  So educational.  So challenging.
So rewarding.

Now, it's on to the next CWT set as we prep for the NAQP next weekend.  I hope
to work many of you then.  Y'all should be listening for members of the Deep
Dixie Contest Club team.  Work us!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400' horizontal loop up 40'