[3830] WPX CW EF2A(EA2OT) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 1 18:09:28 EDT 2016

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: EF2A
Operator(s): EA2OT
Station: EF2A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN83FE

   20: 1183

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

First night was very noisy due to the nearby storms, sorry for the many
repeats.
The second night, a local S9 noise appeared suddently at 3:00z so I was forced
to QRT for 1 hour. The noise continued but I tried to run on 20m which was
partially opened to EU and AS, and where the noise was not affecting (only
affecting to lower bands). I lost 2 of the best hours on the low bands so about
500.000 more points could have been done if there was no noise. I will
investigate the origin of the noise for the next contests, as it�'s not the
first time it appears.

Conditions to NA seemed to be not so bad, bad much less NA QSOs this year than
in 2015. Lack of US activity or worse conditions? The final result: more QSOs
and prefixes than in 2015 but less total score.

Congratulations for all the outstanding results we are seeing despite the solar
cycle is going down.

CU on the next one!
73! Jon