[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 01:35:05 EDT 2016

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NV - DM09jh

    2:    9     6
  222:    0     0
  432:    0     0
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  104    68  Total Score = 7,072

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

At first it was a total bust! Saturday was a total disappointment with maybe
18Qs in the log and maybe a total of 5 Minutes of Es into CO. Slept with radio
on and not a peep all night and finally things began happening with a ever so
delicate 6M opening Sunday AM. Slowly things built up to where suddenly I was
working double hop to the Atlantic seaboard W/O hearing anything of the first
hop at all. Then in time the first hop made itself known as the second hop
started bouncing around, faded, then disappeared. Slowly the stations to the
north began to make themselves known until things at one point got very heated
with stations worked at less than 400 Miles away. I am sure at this point
144MHz had to be open somewhere for a brief time but I never heard it, not for
a lack of trying. Slowly the band grew quiet with signals rather wimpy. While
digging through the weeds, spinning the antenna all over the dial, I managed to
find a few more close in Mults before time elapsed. Not bad for the conditions
at hand. Local power line noise pretty much obliterated receiving anything from
the southern horizon. Station: 6ele homebrew 6M yagi at 27', 11 ele 2M yagi @
30', Kenwood TS-2000 @ 100W per band. 73s from Northern Nevada!