[3830] ARRL June VHF W4PK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 10:30:01 EDT 2016

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

    6:  58     44
    2:   5      4
  222:
  432:   1      1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  64     49  Total Score = 2,891

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good judging from the foreign country spots I received.
However, save for one EA6 (who was not in the contest) I could not hear any of
them.

Lots of QSB with spot-light propagation throughout the contest.  Spots were
pretty much useless although a lack of spots on a particular frequency told me
that it was safe place to try running.  But I did not have much luck at that
either.

I have two antennas for 6 meters, one a 7-element M2 and the other a 3-element
SteppIR with a 4th element for 6 meters.  Stations were consistently 20 dB
stronger on the M2 than on the SteppIR, yet the VSWR on that band was only
1.3:1!  I do have a set of refurbished EHUs but I have never found the time to
replace them yet.

73, Sam W4PK