[3830] ARRL June VHF N9TF Limited Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 13 20:40:59 EDT 2016

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Limited Multi-Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

    2:   16     7
  222:    6     4
  432:    9     6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  152    69  Total Score = 11,523

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Put in a bit more PT than I had expected. 6M opened during the time frames I had
predicted I would be able to operate, and my operating times extended since
there was so much activity happening on the band. Of course, the higher bands
suffered due to most everyone operating 6! Best highlight for me was Sunday
evening at 0126UTC on 6m.I had noticed some spots of JA's being heard and
worked, so I swung my little three element A50-3S beam to the NW and started
calling CQ. I worked a few locals with this beam heading, and then I heard
EA8DBM answer my CQ. So the first time he calls I send agn? hear his call plain
as day and thinking to myself, I'm pointed NW, 320 degrees running a whopping 85
watts to a little 3 element beam at 40' and I'm hearing EA8 off the side of the
beam around sunset ( I say to myself)! So I again send agn?? and now start
turning the beam to the NE, and see his signal begin to rise to a comfortable
S5 in the clear, and realize, NO JOKE! Made the exchange, and then scratched my
head wondering what propagation was that to be hearing AF, and most all parts of
the U.S DM, EM, EL, and FN grids all around the same time. Then I just smiled
and said to myself, the 6m gods are having some kind of fun tonight!! Had lots
of fun in the short time playing in the contest.

Operating conditions: K3S 85 watts on 6m to a 3 element A50-3S at 40'
2m and 432 SSB FT 897D 50/20 watts to M2 7 elements on 2 and 11 elements on
432.
223FM Alinco DR-235 35 watts to a triband V/UHF vertical at 49'.

 73 Gene N9TF