[3830] ARRL June VHF K1HTV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 14 21:55:38 EDT 2016

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM18ap

    6:  336   133
  432:   16     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  377   153  Total Score = 60,129

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Except for working K8GP/R and a few other PVRCers on 2M & 70CM,
I focused mainly on 6 Meters. Fortunately there was plenty of Es
on both days which made for fun operating, especially when the DX
showed up. Managed to work CT,EA6,EA8,EI,F,G,GW,HH,HI,K,KP4,VE & YV
before Mr. Murphy struck. Early Sunday afternoon I started having
an intermittent receive sensitivity problem. Thought it was a T/R
relay (it wasn't). As the afternoon progressed the SWR shot up to
greater than 5:1. That ended my 6M operation as a number of European
DX stations were still rolling into my Amissville, VA QTH. Bummer!