[3830] All Asian CW W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 19 20:05:59 EDT 2016

All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ma

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
   40:   30    24
   20:  209   115
   15:   39    33
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  279   173  Total Score = 48,440

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Finally decided to pack it in at 2200Z Sunday.  All the Asian stations seemed to
be on 40 & 80, and I didn't have any propagation.  The stations that were
spotted on 20m couldn't hear me, and the few stations spotted on 15M I couldn't
hear.  I made 8 Qs between 1930 and 2200z, so I decided to get home before it
got dark.

Thanks to all for the Qs.  Its amazing the number of Asian stations that
couldn't hear me.  There were many S5 stations that were easy copy (although
not strong) that I could hear, that couldn't hear me even when I was the only
person calling them.

Still, I do this contest every year because I enjoy working the DX.  Many
thanks to the station owner Greg W1KM for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE