[3830] All Asian CW K5KG SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 19 20:30:14 EDT 2016

All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WCG

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  307   166  Total Score = 50,464

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I have been waiting all my life to send 59973 in this contest...now that I am
73!  However, this was a challenging weekend because of very poor band condx.

In spite of the poor condx, there were the occasional thrills of being able to
pull QSOs out of the mud, and manage a few good runs of JA's on 40m before and
during sunrise. Probably the biggest surprise of all was working 9M2CNC in back
to back QSOs on 40 & 20 near the end of the contest (while still daylight
here in FL). Generally speaking, Russian stations and those in the Middle East
(HZ, A9, A6, A4, 4Z) were loud most of the time.  At times, JAs were loud. SE
Asia stations - HS, XW, 9M, etc. - were very weak or not workable at all.

K3 + Acom 2000A
2X Yagi at 60'
2L 40 at 75'

73, George, K5KG