[3830] ARRL FD W6NS 1B LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 18:25:14 EDT 2016

ARRL Field Day

Call: W6NS
Operator(s): W6NS
Station: W6NS

Class: 1B LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   69     0       0  Total Score = 138

Rig:  Elecraft K3s  Antenna:  Buddi Pole.

Batteries charged via commercial mains.  Used one LiFePO4 20Ah battery, fully
charged for this years event; did not need any additional charge.  The battery
ran the K3s and microKeyerII, the laptop used its own battery.  Transmit power
was varied from 25 to 100w to make Qs, majority at 25 but on 40m had to use 50w
for several.  The Buddi Pole at 20ft is not as good as full size elements at 70
ft+; I thank all of you that had reasonable antennas.

So I proved that I could operate from a space cooled to 88 degrees; using
batteries, a portable antenna where none is allowed and using a high end rig
(could hear many more than I could work - not an alligator).  Next year will
try to go where there are trees.