[3830] ARRL FD KB0EO 1D HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 26 19:24:34 EDT 2016

ARRL Field Day

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: 1D HP
QTH: Minnesota

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  120    887      0  Total Score = 933

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I got invited to operate with a couple of different groups, but I had family
commitments a good chunk of Saturday and was not able to get out in the field
this year. I had some time late Saturday night and Sunday morning - able to
string together a total of 7 hours.

Objective was to hand out QSOs to the folks in the field. I had some excellent
SSB runs on both 20 m and 40 m and was averaging 250 QSOs/hour for several long
stretches. The CW operators I worked were running very slow and they slowed down
the rates, so I stuck mainly with SSB.

The bands were in tough shape as we had some big thunderstorms move through the
area that hampered the efforts. I had a total of 1007 QSOs in 7 hours - a lot of
fun for the limited operation.