[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 2 09:12:12 EST 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 2

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :50

   80:  16     16
   40:  24     18
   20:  13      8
Total:  53     42  Total Score = 2,226

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

I was in my 'social' mood this morning, so I did 99 percent S and P, just
wanting to tune around, listen for my friends' calls, and try to break through
and say 'Good Morning' to all.

And, in the midst of operating, I happened to glance at my wattmeter and saw my
power was lower than normal.  Ha!  I had cranked down my xmit power to 45 watts
recently when operating my amplifier and never adjusted it back to 100w.  So, I
just left it alone and operated between QRP and 100w level.  So, if you were
able to hear me today, pat yourselves on the backs.  You are a real 'digger' --
you can dig sigs out of the doggone mud!

I remember wondering, 'Where is Scotty?'  Then, I tuned on 40m and heard that
big signal from W7SW.  So, I got 'Super' in my log on both 40 and 20.  I
couldn't help it...my devil horns came out, so on 20m, right at the end of the
contest, when he sent 'Super' as his name, I replied with 'Duper' -- oh, what
fun this is!  And, it got even better.  Since time had expired, we got a 'GM'
buzz from Summer, VE5SDH.  So, both of us tipped our metaphorical hats at her.
And, even as I type this, I am still listening to Summer and Scotty chatting on
20m.  Now, THAT is the true spirit of CWOps!

Thanks to all who shared your morning (or, in the case of Dan, OK1DIG, it would
be your afternoon) spirits with this Mississippi redneck today.  You've put a
smile on my face and a lift in my heart as I prepare to go into my intense
business meeting, momentarily, with a consulting client.

Ciao to all!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400- horizontal loop up 40\'