[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7XC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 18:46:13 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: DM09jh N NV

Total:  777   326  Total Score = 759,906

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

WOW, Again... Best score ever in ARRL DX SSB!!! Lots of activity, Bands very
crowded incl 10M when it got going. Conditions got better and better as the
event wore on. Started the contest with a broken tooth that was very inflamed
and painful. Managed to calm down with lots of Salt Water Rinses, topical
ointment, and my daily pain meds. Lots of fun but got very tiring as time
passed. Local Power Line noise at times made the low bands useless! Magaged a
couple of moderate runs into JA with lots of click and work in between. Stopped
25 Mins early with a stiff neck & huge headache. CW is so much more
ergonomically correct for me... I felt in tune with the station during the CW
weekend whereas the SSB contest turned into so much work with an endurance
challenge thrown in. Many thanks to all who worked me in both events! Elecraft
K3, Icom 2KL 500W Amplifier, N1MM with a few audio files loaded on the fly. All
antennas are homebrew: 160M Inv L @ 40', 80M Inv V @ 35', 40M N/S flattop Dipole
@ 35', 40M Inv V @ 40', 20M 3ele Monobander @ 43', 15M 3ele Monobander @ 38',
10M 4ele Monobander @ 41'. Many thanks to my good friend Patrick - WX7M for the
loan of the two AB-577 Masts, K3 & IC-2KL... otherwise my participation
would have been very minimal. See you all in the WPX contests later in the
year. 73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk