[3830] ARRLDX SSB NR4C M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 19:22:31 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NR4C
Operator(s): K4MI NR4C
Station: NR4C

Class: M/S HP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 11:58

  160:    1     1
   80:   26    21
   40:    4     4
Total:  300   157  Total Score = 141,300

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, exceeded my expectations and goal for this contest.  Willy (k4mi) came
over on Sat. after breakfast to do me a favor, and I coaxed him into sitting
down at the radio for a while to see what it's like using an amp.  I am trying
to get him fired up to get the SB-220 he has at home, on the air.
Well a few hours later he had to leave to go home and have dinner and he had
187 contacts in the log.  I got on 80 later on and added some more, then tried
to work some this afternoon, and made it to total of 300. Now it's time to pick
up XYL and go to dinner.  What a day.  We had a great time, and the K3S/P3 were
"smoking".  Running didn't get us anywhere, so entire log is S&P.
N1mm+ is working great and I'm getting more familiar with ESM.