[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE8EV SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 20:20:49 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE8EV
Operator(s): VE8EV
Station: VE8EV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Inuvik, NT

   20: 1393   105
Total: 1393   105  Total Score = 433,440

The forecast said that it was coming and, oh boy, did it ever hit me hard!
Sunday its usually difficult enough to find new guys to work when you're doing
SOSB but from up here, with the K-index at 7, it's excruciating!  I CQ'd
endlessly in every direction and regularly S&P'd the band but to no avail.
The last four hours had only two dozen Q's and a third of those were dupes and
VE's.

The band was mostly ok on Friday and Saturday before the aurora hit and I'm
glad I took the opportunity to make hay while the sun shined.  As always in
this contest there were lots of zero-pointers and an astounding number of dupes
but it was still lots of fun.  The station is really starting to come together
now and next contest season is going to be even better!

73
John VE8EV