[3830] ARRLDX SSB KM6JD SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 20:46:41 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KM6JD
Operator(s): KM6JD
Station: KM6JD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nevada
Operating Time (hrs): 16:10

   40:   14     9
Total:  390   135  Total Score = 156,735

Overall band conditions were fair to good, especially to Europe, Caribbean,
South America and Asia.  No VK/ZL.  Only spent 16 hours of total on time due to
a VE session I worked at on Saturday (4 hours); plus visited with another VE
afterwards for about another 4 hours.  Would have worked the contest for those
approximately 8 hours of off time.  Was lots of fun as usual.  Only have a
dipole for 40m so not many contacts on that band.  20m was open to UA0,
Caribbean, South America late into the evening.

Wish more stations stayed on 20m instead of going to 40m.

I used my new Kenwood TS-590SG, Ameritron AL-80B at about 400W and a Force-12
C31-XR up at 60 feet for 20 thru 10 meters.  Used N1MM Logger+ for logging all
contacts.  Wanted to beat my last year's score but the combination of
conditions and off time did not permit me to do that.  HF Band conditions were
definitely better last year.  No doubt about it.  Last year worked tons of
VK/ZL but not this year.  It's all about having fun anyway.

73
KM6JD