[3830] ARRLDX SSB KE7AUB SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 20:47:25 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE7AUB
Operator(s): KE7AUB
Station: KE7AUB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     4
Total:  224   119  Total Score = 79,968

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

First full-time effort in this contest out of my little station in 5 years.
Usually I've been taking turns driving the Ferrari station in M/x efforts. Back
to my little station this year. Like my 32 year old 4000s quattro, it gets me
from point a to b, while I still have a blast driving.

Worked 4 JA's on 80 meters - the laws of physics definitely smiled upon me. 10
meters is still alive. Friday I was asleep, and Sat I was on 20M in to Europe
at 7 am, which is early for me. 15 worked well to and 10 was a blast. 40M in
the evening did ok for me. Sunday am not too good, but was able to work a
Ukraine station on 40M LP grey line. Very cool. Sunday did get much better
after 11 am my time.

Worked 3 or 4 stations on 5 bands so this was a blast. Missed having the 1.5K,
towers and beams to 'crush' pile ups and run. But my wee station broke a couple
of smaller pile ups and I can't complain with 224 Q's and 119 mults. Not bad for
my little nerf gun station.

Thanks a whole bunch to all who worked me.