[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TT SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 21:23:08 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Minnesota

   15: 1003   105
Total: 1797   392  Total Score = 2,082,696

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Geomagnetic disturbance late Sunday morning opened the 10m band strongly into EU
for a few hours. Without this event, final multiplier count on 10m would have
been only around 30.

160m condx were poor except for N-S paths.

Some intense runs on 15m both days, but they didn't last very long. Not
complaining; condx were better than I expected with the solar flux below 100
and our location.

Plan to have a beam instead of a dipole on 20m for the fall. Reconfigured 80m
4-square is working well but f/b could be improved (yes, I'm an engineer and am
always trying to improve things).

Denny