[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA7ST SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 6 22:31:44 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC

Total:  900   226  Total Score = 607,488

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wonderful fun, despite a G1 event on Sunday morning knocking out the bands for a
while. Signals made it over the pole against all odds.

10M had more life in it than I expected, and 15M and 20M were rather great
(especially 20M).

Ended up with 4 more mults than ever before (2014 was my previous high). Left
20M with 500 Qs, and kept going to the end on 15M picking up a few additional
mults as time ran down.

Stopped with five minutes left as I hit a 900 Q total and liked the look of the
round number. That's 130 more contacts than ever before (2010, when 20M provided
640 contacts toward a 770-Q total).

Once the tower was cranked up, the SteppIr 40M dipole outperformed the low
tree-suspended 2-element quad to Europe. Good to know for future reference.

I expect the list of assisted stations to be very long, going by the endless
lines of people working non-IDing stations. Too many operators are running with
no identification -- wasted hours waiting, over the course of the weekend. A few
who finally did ID got left behind in disgust even if they were workable but not
a mult. Hope they needed BC.