[3830] ARRLDX SSB 9A1TT SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 05:57:41 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9A1TT
Operator(s): 9A1TT
Station: 9A1TT

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: 9A1TT
Operating Time (hrs): 12:30

Total:  540    42  Total Score = 68,040

Club: Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club

Comments:

The first run out for the first and only antenna at 9A1TT today (destined to be
a no-compromise Multi Single station in a few years).

The trial ticked all the boxes :-).

- Hold a (high in the band) frequency and run W1 thru W0 simplex - tick (I was
sandwiched between CR2X and II9P (both louder across the pond, yet was able to
run without problems).

- Work more QSOs than 9A1P who are a reference point in the region (further
west, better take off, less gain in the antenna but no doubt higher power, and
being M/M able to move mults and QSOs from other bands). - tick (on the first
night, I worked 300 vs their 170!...and skipped cca. 4hrs of potential op. time
to favour watching the football at home on Sunday:-))

- Compare 210m beverage against 4square.  30% of QSOs were made using it and
without it I would have not made at least 80 QSOs (may be more).  On Saturday
night a rain storm came though and static noise read S9+10dB on my s-meter for
almost 2 hrs.  The SNR on the beverage was much better and although I was
handicapped, the contest went on :-).

Thanks to all who called and were patient with my weak signal handling :-).
Well done to the competition and special congrats to G4BYB @ GM3PPG who is in
another class!

73 Richard

SO1R