[3830] ARRLDX SSB IO9P(IT9SPB) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 08:27:47 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: IO9P
Operator(s): IT9SPB
Station: IO9P

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Sicily Island

   80:    1     1
   40:    7     5
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  356    97  Total Score = 103,596

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi everyone

I thank those who have had the patience to listen to it and be able to make the
QSO is not easy;
I was convinced to participate in this Contest on Wednesday after using a setup
at the last minute and as radio antennas is why I got my equipment only on
Friday mornings from Pantelleria Island because bad weather had left the radio
there because we had attended the past weekend to CQ SSB 160m, so I hurried to
mount the radio as quickly as possible to go into the air and begin the QRP
experience.

the first evening 20m and 40m open 15m not so much, while the senconda and last
night the 15m and 20m wide open, I tried to do as much as I could in 15m to
recover and balance both the multipliers that the QSO in the 10m and hoping 40m
they could give that extra push to get to the threshold of 400/450 QSO but
fatigue and the expectations they had the victory I dropped to 20pm Sunday
thing that happened the day before had I heard my fellow adventurers I4UFH
IT9RGY and not to give up I would have definitely reached a higher score.
in this adventure I have tried to exploit very VFO trying stations along with
the SUB receiver trying to listen to stations that came with less pileup and
hoping to move as soon as possible.

Setup
Elecraft K3.
Antennas mostely Pro67B @ 34m above ground most Stack yagi MomoBeam 5x5.