[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4ZB M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 10:12:45 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KB4W KC2NYU NY4D N5GNA K4WP N4KKD KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Savannah, GA

  160:   12     9
Total: 1176   372  Total Score = 1,312,416

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Once again the FUN meter was bouncing against the far peg...WOW, talk about
better than expected conditions. After having a great time operating as a
Multi-Single in CQWW, we decided to do it again. Everyone pitched in and set up
the station much the same as the last time plus adding an 80m sloper to EU. Not
knowing what to expect on 10m, we wanted to improve the station numbers on 80m
& 40m.
   The team included local Coastal Amateur Radio Society club members, Kevin,
KB4W, Paul, KC2NYU, Lowell, NY4D, Bob, N5GNA, Bill, K4WP, Chuck, N4KKD and
Jere, KT4ZB, The weekend was virtually all Search and Pounce and it shows in
the QSO count.   Lowell, Bob and Kevin gave up sleep time to keep the station
going in the wee hours of the night concentrating on clearing the bandmaps for
160m, 80m and 40m. Their hard work showed up in what are the highest country
counts ever for the station on 80m and 40m. Daytime hours were spent chasing DX
with Paul having the best hour rate and Kevin the best 10 minute rate. Our last
contact was a much needed mult, 5J0P..
  All had fun chasing the DX - 5J, 6W, A65, A71, A93, KH2, GJ, J38, J62, JA (6
on 40m), HB0, HZ, T32, TC3 VP8/H & UA2 were nice additions to the total.
Also, thanks to 6Y6LZ, CR2X, P40L, TI5M & TI5W for hearing us on all 6
bands. Chuck took honors for best DX with LU1ZI, Antartica.
   We beat our goal of 1,100 QSOs and 320 countries by a bunch, thanks to ole
yeller in the sky and the ops hard work. The station played well except for a
known sluggish rotor and N1MM+ was rock solid. That and having an All Star team
made for a memorable weekend.
   Thanks to the ARRL Contest committee for sponsoring this great contest and
to all the folks around the world whose contacts filled our log.

cu in WPX - Jere

FT1000MP Field and FT1000MP Mk V(100w), TH6DXX, A3S, XM240 for 40m, 40 and 80m
dipoles, inverted L for 160m, 160m horizontal. loop, 80m sloper, 20m portable
Yagi and N1MM+.