[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2WKS(@K2TTT) SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 7 12:13:01 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2WKS
Operator(s): N2WKS
Station: K2TTT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: NJ

Total: 1057   425  Total Score = 1,347,675

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The rest of the team canceled so last minute I decided to try LP again.  I only
operate on Saturday night/Sunday so my contest started just after 00:00z Sunday
(no breaks except for bathroom).  I'm fortunate to have such a gracious host who
brought me coffee and breakfast :-)

Everything worked but it is hard to run with LP so I spent most of my time in
pileups chasing mults.  Nearly half my contacts were new mults.

The low bands seemed pretty good with some very loud signals on 160 from EU and
the Caribbean.  Comparing my 80 totals to K3WW and AA3B it doesn't look like I
gave up much in the way of mults there and the phased Verticals continue to
show dividends.

40/20/15 without an amp were a real drag.  I slugged it out as much as I could
to make contacts but without the runs I don't get that adrenaline pumping.  I
had a nice run at dawn but once it dried up I was chasing what ever I could the
rest of the day.  Someone please work on a SSB Skimmer...

10 meters had some interesting propagation with spotlight, skew path, QSB, etc
but I was happy that it opened as much as it did.

Looking forward to the next contest....remind me to turn on the AMP....

Comments:
Good to hear my friend KQ2M running the bands again!
6Y1LZ was LOUD everywhere.
40 had a great JA opening with strong signals and no flutter.  I worked more
JAs on 40 than on 15/20.
BA5CW was very strong on 40...loudest I have ever heard China on 40.
Was nice working Fred (NA2U/KH7M) and Alan (N3AD/V26M) and have them say hi
Zev....I knew they got my call right :-)

73,
Zev N2WKS