[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 10 08:11:33 EST 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 10

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA

  160:   4      1
   80:  19     11
   40:  51     47
   20:  12     12
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  86     71  Total Score = 6,106

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, tee vertical, N1MM+ logger.  Got
the CAT line working with N1MM+ for this event.  Now, KU8E will be over tonight
and I hope we will get computer keying going using a West Mountain device.  For
this one, I sent it all with a paddle and keyer and this was fun at 20 WPM.  The
entire hour was very relaxing and it was great to hear the CWA instructors also
sending "CWA."  I worked several unfamiliar calls sending
"CWA" and I am sure some of them must have been the most recent
graduates.  Congratulations and welcome.  20M was strong to the west coast just
as the CWT started, but almost immediately faded.  In place of the west coast, a
number of eastern and middle America stations had good signals and I finished
off 20M with PY1IT, a non member, and KL3W, a "CWA."  40M was very
good to all over including several in Europe.  Didn't leave much time for 80M,
but wanted to try all the bands to make sure I didn't have any RF feedback
affecting the logging program.  May have a problem on 20M, but the others
seemed 100% OK.  160M was quieter than 80 (as is often the case) and should be
good for the Stew Perry this Saturday night.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John,
K4BAI.