[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Mar 12 23:38:20 EST 2016

NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA

   80:   10      .5
   40:   48       2
   20:   48     1.5
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NS Diddlers and Friends

Comments:

I was a bit distracted. I was watching for some SSB DX
to appear (never did). I was also watching 160m for
anything new, and I tried a couple, but too early in
the evening. Finally, I was on the right hand radio that
shares the remote station antennas, so when anyone came
in on the remote I shut down my radio until they were
done. Sorry If I disappeared on you. They jumped in
many times, and they'd usually rotate the antenna away
too :)

Too many guys repeating my call and sending their call
in the TU message, causing confusion and wasting time.
No Mults per Band, so not as fun as the NCCC Sprints.

Still, RTTY is easy, Sprint QSY is neat, and all the
familiar calls are fun. An enjoyable evening, thanks!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-3 at 48 ft, C-31xr at 72ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 80 ft.
Kenwood TS-590s at 5 watts
Writelog and microham micro2r keyer
MMTTY and 2Tone
Panadapter by SDR-IQ and Spectravue software

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z    ---+-   ---+-     40       40     40
01Z       -      11       8       19     59
02Z       -      27       -       27     86
03Z      10      10       -       20    106
Total:   10      48      48